← View all posts
The first EOSIO 1.8 specific feature is now live on the Mainnet!
The first feature of eosio v1.8 has finally been released and it's now live on the EOS mainnet. his is ONLY_BILL_FIRST_AUTHORIZER and it allows dApps to pay for resources for their users. Greymass Co-Founder, Aaron Cox, after having already experimented with it, exposed on Twitter some interesting features of ONLY_BILL_FIRST_AUTHORIZER that are just as important and that could go unnoticed.
- The resource payer doesn't have to be an dApp, but it might be another service.
- Exchanges can pay the deposit to their platform.
- Any EOS account can pay resources to another account.
- dApps will be able to offer resources to interact with their smart contracts.
- It will be possible to implement the resource payment with QR Code, through the EEP-7 Signing Request protocol.
Aaron Cox Twitter Thread on ONLY_BILL_FIRST_AUTHORIZER