EOSIO 2 Release-Candidate 3 and EOSIO v1.8.7 Stable Release
Block.One recently released the new release candidate for EOSIO 2 which includes security, stability and miscellaneous fixes as well as the stable release of EOSIO v1.8.7 which contains other stability fixes.
EOSIO 2 Fixes and Other Changes
Security bug fixes
- Consolidated Security Fixes for 2.0.x
Stability bug fixes
Net plugin sync
- Fix issue with getting in infinite loop while processing handshake
- Guard against overflow of handshake generation count
- Fix problem with self connection logic
- Better handling of sync/head-catchup transition.
Net plugin handshake
- Send handshake when done syncing for case where node has moved while syncing
- When unable to fetch a block during sync send handshake. This was sending a go away message before which was too aggressive.
- Clear out queue buffer always on async write callback otherwise non-empty queue prevents send on re-connect.
- Fix calculation of peer lib on lib catchup
net_plugin lib sync
- Fix for corner case of request next chuck during sync determining already caught up to lib.
net_plugin boost asio error handling
- Use error codes & catch exceptions from boost asio to avoid terminate on errors.
net_plugin thread protection peer logging variables
- Protect access to logging variables used by peer_?log macros
Fix race in fc::message_buffer and move message_buffer_tests to fc.
- reset the new handler
- Fixed under min available test to not count failed attempts as actual sends
- return more from producer_plugin's get_runtime_options()
- chainbase sync to pick up DB shrink fix while in heap mode
- debug level logging for launcher service
- explictly use openssl 1.1 via brew on macos
- Update CentOS version for CI.
- Travis updates.
- Extend shutdown allowed time in under min available resources test
- net_plugin speed up shutdown
- Retries and Contract Builders for Tags
- increase tester state size - 2.0
- (2.0.x) Modification to trigger LRTs and Multiver on any protected branch that is not a scheduled run