Yesterday was a great day for the EOS mainnet and the community! Block Producers were able to arrange and coordinate themselves in the best possible way to release the update on the mainnet without any downtime. Now the mainnet is finally at version 1.8, and a lot of new features are just waiting to be deployed!
Among these features we certainly find ONLY_BILL_FIRST_AUTHORIZER, that allows dApps to pay CPU and Network costs for their users, which is a key requirement for VOICE.
- ONLY_LINK_TO_EXISTING_PERMISSION (#6831)
- REPLACE_DEFERRED (#6997, #7185)
- NO_DUPLICATE_DEFERRED_ID (#7072, #7173, activation depends on REPLACE_DEFERRED)
- FIX_LINKAUTH_RESTRICTION (#7025)
- DISALLOW_EMPTY_PRODUCER_SCHEDULE (#7026)
- RESTRICT_ACTION_TO_SELF (#7088)
- ONLY_BILL_FIRST_AUTHORIZER (#7089)
- FORWARD_SETCODE (#7109)
- GET_SENDER (#7111)
- RAM_RESTRICTIONS (#7131)
Block Producers are already considering to activate some of these new features of v1.8 within the next few days to be prudent, however most of them have already been running on testnets.
A full list and description of features can be found at:
You can watch the EOS v1.8 Activation video call at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_emS84kUXE